Monday, March 26, 2007

Atlanta or Bust

March Madness is winding down -- along with my odds of a payoff in the office pools.
Ohio State and UCLA made it to the Final Four in Atlanta, while North Carolina's 96-84 overtime loss to Georgetown on March 25 was a heartbreaker. (My final choice was Wisconsin, who didn't even make it to the Sweet Sixteen.) As for Florida, I unwisely predicted they'd only advance as far as the Elite Eight.
Even though they have an edge over UCLA -- this year's semifinal matchup is a repeat of last year's title game -- I still don’t see them repeating as tournament champion. I think the winner of the Ohio State-Georgetown semifinal game will go on to win it all ... and I have Ohio State as the last team standing.
While I correctly picked the winners in 45 out of 60 games, I trail in both pools. In fact, I'm so far behind in one of them -- by 43 points! -- until I don't see myself winning it. (I submitted the same bracket for both pools, but each department uses a different scoring process to tally points.)
No matter what happens, I'm not going to let March Madness drive me insane -- that's why I have a job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.